I stumbled upon an article in lifehacker and thought it would be fascinating to share why this is IMPORTANT for any of us struggling with people right now.
A lot of folks I’ve seen and met had a struggle with their social life to trying to climb a mountain just catch up with society and usually you ended up as an outcast and feeling lost of translation of where the heck you went wrong.
There are times when you thought you have friends with you but they were just using you. Here is a short clip to know which one is a friend or an enemy.
Why Practice Empathy?
Why should you explicitly work to enhance your ability to empathize with others?
- You will be more likely to treat the people you care about the way they wish you would treat them.
- You will better understand the needs of people around you.
- You will more clearly understand the perception you create in others with your words and actions.
- You will understand the unspoken parts of your communication with others.
- You will better understand the needs of your customers at work.
- You will have less trouble dealing with interpersonal conflict both at home and at work.
- You will be able to more accurately predict the actions and reactions of people you interact with.
- You will learn how to motivate the people around you.
- You will more effectively convince others of your point of view.
- You will experience the world in higher resolution as you perceive through not only your perspective but the perspectives of those around you.
- You will find it easier to deal with the negativity of others if you can better understand their motivations and fears. Lately when I find myself personally struggling with someone, I remind myself to empathize and I immediately calm myself and accept the situation for what it is.
You will be a better leader, a better follower, and most important, a better friend.
If you want to practice this visit the source link below: